Accident Ft Lincoln Drive at Bladensburg

  • Mary Alzire Papadopoulos
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 22, 2013

      There was what looked like a serious collision on Fort Lincoln Drive just east of Bladensburg Road this evening (8/22). Are there any publicly available details at this time?
      Thank you,
      Mary

    • Beach, Mark (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013
        Mary, our reporting system is being upgraded at this time and as soon as we get up and operable I can advise.

        Mark Beach
        Assistant Patrol District Commander
        Metropolitan DC Police Department
        Fifth Police District
        1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
        Washington, DC 20002
        202-345-1313 BeachBerry
        202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
        202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
        202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
        202-727-9099 Command Information Center
        "Commitment to Excellence"

        March with the DC delegation and join the pre-March rally for DC rights at the August 24th 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Check out marchondc50.dc.gov for full event details.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 23, 2013

          A vehicle travelling Southbound in the 3100 block of Eastern Avenue, NE , crossed over the double yellow lines and collided with two vehicles that were stopped in traffic in the Northbound lanes.  The impact caused the striking vehicle to partially overturn onto the side.

          The driver of the striking vehicle was placed under arrest for DUI.  The driver’s who were operating the other vehicles were transported to the hospital for non life-threatening injuries.

          Thank You.

          Capt. J. Brown

          5th District

          (202) 698-0288