Rhode Island Metro Incident on Aug 19

  • glendarossberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 20, 2013
      Hi,
      I was coming home from work yesterday (Aug 19) and an incident took place. It was around 4:45pm. A young man was running from the station and the police were trying to chase him. They caught him behind the Giant Food Store in the Brentwood Shopping area. When I was driving by, it looked like there was more than one individual involved. Can you give any details on this incident? Thanks. By the way, the young man was running so fast, it was amazing anyone could catch him! Good job!
    • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 20, 2013
        This incident was initiated by Metro Transit Police. The subject was wanted for fare evasion and was apprehended by MPD.

        He was relinquished back to Metro Transit for processing of the charge(s).

        Thank you.

        Capt. J. Brown
        5th District
        (202) 698-0288

        I was coming home from work yesterday (Aug 19) and an incident took place. It was around 4:45pm. A young man was running from the station and the police were trying to chase him. They caught him behind the Giant Food Store in the Brentwood Shopping area. When I was driving by, it looked like there was more than one individual involved. Can you give any details on this incident? Thanks. By the way, the young man was running so fast, it was amazing anyone could catch him! Good job!

        March with the DC delegation and join the pre-March rally for DC rights at the August 24th 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Check out marchondc50.dc.gov for full event details.

      • Stephanie A. Robinson

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 22, 2013
            Good job! Thanks for letting me know!