Re: [MPD-5D] Oh What Fun We Had!

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2013
      We welcome anyone that wishes to help spread the word about the next movie. We already know the next date is August 28th, at dusk and the location is the Also's parking lot. If you live in Single Member District 5D05 feel free to contact me at anc5d05@... to provide your contact information and I will gladly provide flyers for distribution. Otherwise, feel free to contact your advisory neighborhood commissioner, who may or may not choose to participate; I invited all 5D commissioners to participate in what began as a 5D03/5D05 event. if you live outside of ANC 5D you are more than welcome to join us. Again, feel free to share the next movie date with neighbors and don't forget to bring a dish to share.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: Karen Ramsey <kareneramsey@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:11:03 -0400
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Oh What Fun We Had!

      It sounds like everyone enjoyed the movie.

      I am sure more people would participate in events like this, or even ANC meetings, if they were publicized well with both advance notice and distribution through different communication channels that reach a broader group of neighbors.

      On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...> wrote:

      Last night ANC 5D05, 5D03 and 5D04 in partnership with the Department of Parks and Recreation hosted a movie night and oh what fun we had! The weather was perfect, the movie was excellent and everyone had a great time. We initially planned to set up on 19th and Maryland Ave. NE; however, the logistics were not ideal. Officer Carter from the Special Operations Division suggested the Aldi's parking lot and went to speak to the store manager on our behalf. We quickly set up and enjoyed Journey 2 featuring the "Rock" Dwayne Johnson. The movie was great fun for adults as well as children. We had so much fun we are doing it again and invite other neighbors to join us.

      The next movie night will be held at dusk on August 28, 2013, on Aldi's parking lot. We encourage you to bring a blanket and or a chair and a dish to share. The event was peaceful and neighborly, underscoring enhanced public safety in our community. Officer Richard Carter was very friendly and scored high points for community policing finesse; he's welcome here anytime. We encourage Trinidad and Ivy City and Arboretum and Rosedale neighbors to join us. Any Ward 5 neighbor may feel free to join us or any neighbor from any other ward. I will be sure to send out a reminder flyer.

      Finally, violent crime in Ward 5 is down and the Fifth District is number two in the city regarding crime reductions. Increasing public safety is something to celebrate and a movie night with food and friends and officer friendly makes perfect sense. We look forward to seeing you on the 28th!
       Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      khenderson029@...