Re: [MPD-5D] 8.13.13 Arrest Made in Aggravated Assault: 1800 Block of Benning Road, NE

  • khenderson029
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 13, 2013
      This is great news! This incident occurred in my single member district and I am pleased that I can bring the news of an arrest in this matter to my constituents. Captain Wright just discussed this matter in the ANC 5D meeting, which is still in session.

      Again, we appreciate the great news! Thank you Captain Wright and the team!

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

      From: "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 20:44:31 -0400
      To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] 8.13.13 Arrest Made in Aggravated Assault: 1800 Block of Benning Road, NE

      Contact: Officer Paul Metcalf (202) 727-4383

      August 13, 2013

      Arrest Made in Aggravated Assault: 1800 Block of Benning Road, NE

      (Washington, DC) – Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch have announced that an arrest has been made in the aggravated assault which occurred in the 1800 block of Benning Road, NE.

      On Saturday, August 10, 2013, at approximately 10:45 am, officers from the Fifth District responded for a call for a stabbing in the 1800 block of Benning Road, NE (Seven Food Store).  Upon arrival, officers located an adult female suffering from an apparent stab wound.  DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel transported the victim to a local hospital where she was admitted in critical condition.

      On Tuesday, August 13, 2013, at approximately 4:36 pm, 32 year-old Quantrice Jones of NE, Washington, DC, turned herself into detectives.  Ms. Jones is charged with Aggravated Assault in the stabbing of the 36 year-old adult female victim which occurred in the 1800 block of Benning Road, NE on August 10, 2013.

      Join your neighbors on the 24th to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Check out marchondc50.dc.gov for full event details.