Starburst Plaza is Ready For National Night Out!

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013
      On behalf of the Metropolitan Police Department's, Fifth Police District, we applaud the efforts of those working hard to beautify and maintain Starburst Plaza.  From Advisory Neighborhood Commissioner Henderson, DDOT Director Terry Bellamy, MPD Captain Andre Wright, Home Depot, the DC Department of Health and all those dedicated others that have stepped up, rolled up your sleeves and made this community proud to have a clean and safe Starburst Plaza again.

      On such a beautiful day as today with low humidity, the Starburst Plaza Team will be on site tonight at 6:00 p.m. to clean again and plant the flowers. Feel free to come out and assist.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BeachBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      DCPS starts up again on August 26th! Enroll your student today by submitting completed forms to your child's school.

      Need an enrollment form? Visit dcps.dc.gov/enrollHave questions? E-mail enroll@...

      From: Kathy Henderson <khenderson029@...>
      Sender: TrinidadDC@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 23:14:40 -0400 (EDT)
      To: <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>; <ward5@yahoogroups.com>; <trinidaddc@yahoogroups.com>
      Cc: <petagaylewis@...>; <vonetta5d02@...>; <crm_112@...>; <b_blacknell@...>; <tinamarieindc@...>; <dlhooperr@...>

      I am pleased to report the Starburst fountain is finally on! DDOT Director Terry Bellamy has been working diligently to get it up and working just in time for the PSA 506/507 National Night Out celebration on August 6, 2013. He did it and boy are we glad!! Advisory Neighborhood Commission 5D is hosting this event with our valiant Fifth District Police partners. Our event starts at 6 p.m. and ends at 9p.m. Join us for hamburgers, hot dogs, cool beverages, free HIV screenings courtesy of the Department of Health, free condoms and more. National Night Out is my favorite time of year and I am looking forward to a safe night for all. We look forward to seeing you on Tuesday!

      One more thing; Home Depot is generously donating flowers to plant at the Starburst in honor of this event. Our team will meet at the site on Sunday at 6:00 p.m. to clean it again and plant the flowers. Feel free to join us to help plant.

      Kathy Henderson, 5D
      khenderson029@...

    • leslie strothers
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013

        Where exactly is the plaza?

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 4, 2013
          Thank you Captain Beach. The Starburst Plaza is located at the intersection of Bladensburg Rd, Benning Rd and H Street, NE. The Plaza looks great thanks to all of our partners. I offer special thanks to Home Depot, Captain Wright, Lt Wright, Officer Gamm, Officer Slopac. Commissioners Blacknell and Lewis, neighbors Amelia Vogel, Joyce Davis, DPW, Carl Thomas and several persons that wish to remain anonymous. We can hardly wait to celebrate National Night Out there on Tuesday from 6-9 pm.

          Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          From: leslie strothers <leslie_strothers@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com