From the Office of the Chief of Police

  • Smith, Yvonne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2007
      See the attached "What's New" Newsletter from the Chief of Police

      1) Pay special attention to the link that will connect you to a video to
      watch about a recent crime problem in the Metropolitan DC region.

      2) Also, if your organization is hosting a free and supervised event
      during the summer, please share that information with
      yvonne.smith@... <mailto:yvonne.smith@...> and see the details
      about an upcoming meeting at the bottom of Page 2 of the attached
      newsletter.

      3) Finally, also at the bottom of Page 2 of the attached newsletter, you
      will find employment opportunities with the Metropolitan Police
      Department. There are full-time career positions, as well as positions
      for the 2007 Summer Youth Program (ages 14 - 21)

      I need to make a clarification, because I am just the messenger. In the
      last posting I sent to the listserv groups, several people sent their
      resumes directly to me.

      For Full-Time Positions with MPD, see this link and follow directions on
      "How to Apply": http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1230,q,538142.asp

      For Positions through the Department of Employment Services' 2007
      Passport to Work Summer Youth Program, see this link

      http://does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view,a,1232,q,625215.asp
      <http://does.dc.gov/does/cwp/view,a,1232,q,625215.asp>

      Please note: If the youth are interested, specifically, in working for
      MPD, please have them send a letter to the address below for Ms.
      Rice-Fells. (The youth must be fully registered with the Department of
      Employment Services (DOES) before they can contact the police department
      about having the police select them from the DOES pool of approved
      applicants.)

      Elaine Rice-Fells

      Department of Human Services

      Metropolitan Police Department

      300 Indiana Avenue, NW

      Washington, DC 20001

      Or Fax

      202-727-0310

      If any clarification is needed about this e-mail, please contact me.

      Thank you.

      Yvonne Smith

      Office of the Chief of Police

      Metropolitan Police Department