FW: 07/20/13-Homicide: 1100 Block of First Place, Northwest

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013

      Contact: Police Officer Araz Alali (202-727-4383)

      July 20, 2013

      Homicide: 1100 Block of First Place, Northwest

      (Washington, DC)-Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch are investigating a fatal shooting which occurred in the 1100 block of First Place, Northwest.

      On Saturday, July 20, 2013, at approximately 4:20 am, police officers from the First District responded to the rear of the 1100 block of First Place, Northwest for a report of a “man down”. Upon arrival, they observed an adult male in an unconscious state, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services personnel responded and did not find any signs consistent with life.  The decedent remained on the scene and was transported to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for the District of Columbia, pending an autopsy.

      The identity of the decedent is being withheld at the present time pending next of kin notification.

      The Metropolitan Police Department currently offers a reward of up to $25,000 to anyone that provides information which leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons wanted for any homicide committed in the District of Columbia. Anyone with information about this case is asked to call the police at (202) 727-9099. Additionally, anonymous information may be submitted to the department’s TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411.

      ###

      Learn about the District’s Parks & Recreation Master Plan at www.playdc.org.
      Take a SURVEY to help shape the next 10 years of investments in the DC park system.

    • Lyly Y
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
        Hi MPD Officers,
        Could you please tell where the 1100 block of first place NW is located (intersection)?
        When I google 1100 first place NW, google points me to 1100 first street NW, which for me
        are two different addresses. So Google don't seem to find 1100 first place NW. I wonder if this is a typo where "place" was mistyped for "street"? if not where is the 1100 block of first place NW?
        Thanks, Lyly

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
            The same crime is reported here and the map shows somewhere near petworth, can police please confirm the location of this crime?

            http://homicidewatch.org/2013/07/20/man-killed-in-nw-dc-shooting-early-saturday/

            Thanks

            Sent via the Samsung GALAXY S®4 Active™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
              It happened in the 1100 block of 1st Place NW.

              Andy Solberg

              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 20, 2013
                Where is the "1100 block of 1st Place NW" located? Sursum Corda? or Manor Park?
                Thanks, Lyly

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 21, 2013

                  It’s in Sursum Corda.

                  Andy Solberg