Re: [MPD-5D] 5D Officers of the Year

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16, 2013
      Commander Solberg, thank you to all of your employees and a special congratulations to the Officers of the Year on being recognized as the cream of the crop! Stay safe (and cool) out there!
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 17, 2013
        Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments, Keith.

        However, you are overly generous to me: since Captains Mark Beach, Andre Wright, and Morgan Kane arrived at 5D between October and December 2012, the energy level and commitment to crime fighting efforts has increased to levels I could not have imagined nine months ago.

        These three captains are leading the charge here at 5D, and along with the rest of the management team at 5D (Lieutenant Ed Bernat of PSA 504 was just selected as the 5D Manager of the Year), they have invigorated all 5D officers in our efforts to increase public safety and decrease crime.

        And the efforts are working: overall crime is down 2% compared to last year, and violent crime is down 7%.

        We are not perfect, and have not eliminated crime, but our dedication to hard work and commitment to serve the community is strong.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

        Learn about the District’s Parks & Recreation Master Plan at www.playdc.org.
        Take a SURVEY to help shape the next 10 years of investments in the DC park system.

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 18, 2013

          Thank you very much, Mr. Conn.

          Andy Solberg