Re: [MPD-5D] 5D Officers of the Year

  • Steven Conn
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 16 11:56 AM
      Commander Solberg, thank you to all of your employees and a special congratulations to the Officers of the Year on being recognized as the cream of the crop! Stay safe (and cool) out there!
    • Vonetta Dumas
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 17 12:46 AM

        It is definitely a noticeable improvement, please keep up the good work.

        Congratulations to you all and the fine leadership of 5D.  remarkable work should be rewarded but thanks and gratitude to all the officers on duty who risk your lives for us everyday!

        Peace and safety,

        Vonetta Dumas, ANC 5D02
        Vonetta5d02@...
        202-403-9487 mobile

        Please excuse any misspellings/ odd words. My iPhone thinks it is smarter than I am.

        Sent from Yahoo! Mail on my iPhone

          > Each year, the Fifth District Citizens Advisory Council sponsors a formal dinner at which officers at the Fifth District are recognized for the hard work they do. Selection of the officers who receive these awards is made by a vote of their peers, so the officers who are acknowledged are truly recognized by cops who know good police work when they see it (and work alongside it).
          >
          > This year's Award Dinner will be held at the Washington Navy Yard on Thursday, October 24, 2013, and we invite the entire 5D community to attend the dinner and help us celebrate the work done by all 5D officers. Tickets can be bought through the 5D CAC.
          >
          > This year's award recipients are listed here:
          >
          > 5D Officer of the Year James Gamble
          > PSA 501 Officer of the Year Anthony Lozado
          > PSA 502 Officer of the Year Joseph Hudson
          > PSA 503 Officer of the Year Crystal Ruiz
          > PSA 504 Officer of the Year Kevin Smith and Adam Shaatal
          > PSA 505 Officer of the Year Marcus McCrae
          > PSA 506 Officer of the Year Benjamin Rubin
          > PSA 507 Officer of the Year Alexis Sakulich
          > Support Officer of the Year Russell Grimes
          > Specialized Unit Officer of the Year Diane Davis
          > Rookies of the Year Robert Parker and Taylor Volpe
          > Detective of the Year Thomas Stein
          > Master Officer of the Year Fred Rosario
          > Sergeant of the Year Robert Ferretti
          > Manager of the Year Lieutenant Edward Bernat
          > Citizen of the Year Frances Penn, CAC Chair
          >
          > We salute all the officers who have worked hard at 5D for the past 12 months, and in particular salute their work that has led to an overall reduction of crime in 5D of 2% compared to the previous year. Thank you for your work!
          >
          > Andy Solberg
          > Commander, 5D
          >

          > Escape into summer with books. Prevent learning loss and read daily with students. Visit www.dclibrary.org/summerreading<http://www.dclibrary.org/summerreading> for more information.

          Escape into summer with books. Prevent learning loss and read daily with students. Visit www.dclibrary.org/summerreading for more information.

        • Mr. Keith Jarrell
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 17 6:31 AM
            Congratulation to each officer in the 5th District and their award. Thank you to every officer for their dedication to bringing safety to the neighborhoods and businesses.
            It is through great leadership and a commitment to honesty and integrity that Commander Solberg leads this group of officers. His devotion to both the city, and to the 5th District should serve as an inspiration to members of the rank and file. Encouraging them to know that through their continued hard work and dedication they too can have a long and rewarding career as a police officer.
            I hope that each of you will continue to be great officers and that  you will encourage others to go beyond meeting our expectations and exceed what it means to protect and defend.

            The city is blessed to have Commander Solberg and so many outstanding officers in the 5th District. We are grateful to each of you today and everyday for your work. May God continue to protect you and walk beside you as you protect us.

            Keith Jarrell

            --

            Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

            (Let Freedom Ring)

            Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

            Keith Jarrell

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 17 8:33 AM
              Thanks for your kind and encouraging comments, Keith.

              However, you are overly generous to me: since Captains Mark Beach, Andre Wright, and Morgan Kane arrived at 5D between October and December 2012, the energy level and commitment to crime fighting efforts has increased to levels I could not have imagined nine months ago.

              These three captains are leading the charge here at 5D, and along with the rest of the management team at 5D (Lieutenant Ed Bernat of PSA 504 was just selected as the 5D Manager of the Year), they have invigorated all 5D officers in our efforts to increase public safety and decrease crime.

              And the efforts are working: overall crime is down 2% compared to last year, and violent crime is down 7%.

              We are not perfect, and have not eliminated crime, but our dedication to hard work and commitment to serve the community is strong.

              Andy Solberg
              Commander, 5D

              Learn about the District’s Parks & Recreation Master Plan at www.playdc.org.
              Take a SURVEY to help shape the next 10 years of investments in the DC park system.

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 18 7:09 AM

                Thank you very much, Mr. Conn.

                Andy Solberg