RE: [MPD-5D] Re: Shots fired overnight, police in am? 16th and Gales NE

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
      Lindsey, MPD Units responded to the sounds of gunshots at 1:05 AM and canvassed for the shooter, any/all victims and shell casings.  The responding Unit was Crime Patrol 108 and this information was also shared with Fifth District Officers who assisted in the search.  We did not locate the shooter, any victim(s), witnesses but did return in the day light hours and recovered 6 shell casings in the 700 block of 16th Street, NE.  I am sorry for the delay in our response to your inquiry and concerns.

      Mark Beach
      Assistant Patrol District Commander
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District