Block party

  • J
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2013
      MPD,
      If Metro Bus was not informed about a block party today, is that one sign that a block party does not have a permit?

      Don't depend on the G2 Metro Bus today.
      /signed, jon at the Mt Sinai Baptist Church block party.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2013
        Approval for block parties requires input from many agencies.  I am not sure if WMATA is one of them.  Final oversight is provided by DDOT, and Mr. Pearson is included here.  He will be able too address your question.

        Andy Solberg
        Commander, 5D

        Sent from my iPad

        On Jul 13, 2013, at 11:26 AM, "J" <jwh_east@...> wrote:

        MPD,
        If Metro Bus was not informed about a block party today, is that one sign that a block party does not have a permit?

        Don't depend on the G2 Metro Bus today.
        /signed, jon at the Mt Sinai Baptist Church block party.

        Escape into summer with books. Prevent learning loss and read daily with students. Visit www.dclibrary.org/summerreading for more information.

      • J
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 15, 2013
          Mr Pearson and DDOT,
          Please let us know more about this block party, if information is available. Usually everyone is notified or invited to a block party on an adjacent block which does not block Metro.
          It looks like there was a mistake this time, which could be avoided next year.
          Thanks, Jon

          The 1600 block of 3rd St NW was blocked.