Shots fired overnight, police in am? 16th and Gales NE

  • Lindsey C. Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2013

      Hi,
      Last night there were gun shots around 12:30/1 am in the vicinity of 16th and Gales NE (I called 911). Officers came through Gales last night and were out again on 16th this morning around 8:30 when I went by. Was this for the same incident? Is there anything more you can share about the shots or what was found this morning?
      Thank you,
      Lindsey

    • Lindsey C. Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 14, 2013

        Hi,
        I did not see a response to this. The date was July 12.
        Thank you for any information you can provide.
        Best,
        Lindsey

        On Jul 12, 2013 4:38 PM, "Lindsey C. Williams" <lindsey.c.williams@...> wrote:

        Hi,
        Last night there were gun shots around 12:30/1 am in the vicinity of 16th and Gales NE (I called 911). Officers came through Gales last night and were out again on 16th this morning around 8:30 when I went by. Was this for the same incident? Is there anything more you can share about the shots or what was found this morning?
        Thank you,
        Lindsey

      • Beach, Mark (MPD)
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 16, 2013
          Lindsey, MPD Units responded to the sounds of gunshots at 1:05 AM and canvassed for the shooter, any/all victims and shell casings.  The responding Unit was Crime Patrol 108 and this information was also shared with Fifth District Officers who assisted in the search.  We did not locate the shooter, any victim(s), witnesses but did return in the day light hours and recovered 6 shell casings in the 700 block of 16th Street, NE.  I am sorry for the delay in our response to your inquiry and concerns.

          Mark Beach
          Assistant Patrol District Commander
          Metropolitan DC Police Department
          Fifth Police District