Re: [MPD-5D] 5DPolice Lack of Response

  • Derrick Nelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
      Individuals that don't respect such simple courtesies as parking regulations may very well not respect other laws while they're in town.  In addition, assuming the cars were indeed illegally parked, the lack of action by the responding police officers sends a message that certain infractions will be tolerated, which can lead to a slippery slope of more blatant disregard for the rules.  The lack of action may also create apathy among neighborhood residents who feel the police are ineffective so why bother calling for anything at all.

      On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:01 PM, Dpt wrote:

      Please. I feel MPD has much more important issues to deal with than parking on alleyways.

      Bryan S Williams
      Doctor of Physical Therapy

      On Jul 11, 2013, at 10:20 PM, Toni <jumpcator1@...> wrote:

      Commander Solberg,
      Wanted to let you know that I have called MPD 3 times beginning at 7:45 this evening because of illegal parking in the alley way in the 3100 block of Channing Street NE. On each occasion, police cruised through without ticketing or even requiring that the cars be moved. I don't understand. We were told by Lt. Hughes to call and we did our part. Why didn't the Officers do theirs??? The cars have MD tags and clearly the drivers have no regard for the rules set forth as they are still loitering on our park. This is very frustrating.

      Looking for answers

      Sent from my iPhone

    • Robyn
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 13, 2013
        We have had great success speaking with a local parking enforcement officer who gave us his personal cell phone number. We call him directly when there is a issue and he responds immediately. Good luck!

        Sent from my iPad
      • brian.ions
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2013
          It's good to hear of Community Policing from DPW, too.
          http://dpw.dc.gov/service/ticketing

          brian