Re: [MPD-5D] North Capitol heavy police presence

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
      A store at North Capitol and O street was robbed by two men about 4:30 this afternoon.

      We are investigating but have not made any arrests.

      Andy Solberg

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:38 PM, "Lyly Y" <lylym30@...> wrote:

      There is a heavy police presence on north capitol st nw, all the way from P to N st NW. There are yellow tapes everyone.
      Can anyone tell me what is going on there?
      Thanks, Lyly

      With the D.C. Free Summer Meals Program, Kids and Teens Eat For Free at schools, parks, and community organizations all summer long!
      Call 311, text 202-656-5EAT, or visit www.onecityyouth.dc.gov to find a site near you.

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013
        What store at O and North Cap NW was robbed, please? Thanks.

        Rob

        Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch

        "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

        A store at North Capitol and O street was robbed by two men about 4:30 this afternoon.

        We are investigating but have not made any arrests.

        Andy Solberg

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Jul 11, 2013, at 11:38 PM, "Lyly Y" <lylym30@...> wrote:

        There is a heavy police presence on north capitol st nw, all the way from P to N st NW. There are yellow tapes everyone.
        Can anyone tell me what is going on there?
        Thanks, Lyly

        With the D.C. Free Summer Meals Program, Kids and Teens Eat For Free at schools, parks, and community organizations all summer long!
        Call 311, text 202-656-5EAT, or visit www.onecityyouth.dc.gov to find a site near you.

      • Griffin, Randy (MPD)
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 11, 2013

          Police were investigating the robbery of an establishment in the 1400 block of North Capitol St. N.W.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
              Any word on the owners injuries?
              Chris Kelly
              dcreardon@...

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 12, 2013
                An employee of the store sustained injuries to the head and nose area as a result of being struck by the suspect.

                He was treated at a nearby hospital and released.

                Thank You.