Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Fireworks tonight

  • eckingtonwashdc@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
      I was noticing, wow, what a huge difference compared to 7, 8 even 9 years ago. The fire works around here was so impressive, you didn't even need to go the National Mall to see the national fireworks display. The pop pop did go late, which has in the past, so it purturbed me a bit since I do get up very early for work than usual jobs do.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2013
        Since about 3:00 pm today (Friday), kids have been lighting firecrackers and bottle rockets outside the front doors of the Harry Thomas Rec Center. I called 911, but it doesn't seem to do any good. They can keep watch in both directions on Lincoln Rd and down the unit block of S Street, so they just go into the rec center if they see a police car. What's really disturbing is that the rec center staff must know they are lighting fireworks right outside the front door, but they allow it to go on for hours without stopping it. It's a group of black teenagers, mostly male, and they've been doing this on and off for at least 5 hours.