RE: [MPD-5D] Police cars with bright lights in Eckington?

  • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013

      Good morning Allison, normally when this occurs we have chased a suspect and are looking for him or them. I hope this helps.

      Lt. Corinne Hughes

      With the D.C. Free Summer Meals Program, Kids and Teens Eat For Free at schools, parks, and community organizations all summer long!
      Call 311, text 202-656-5EAT, or visit www.onecityyouth.dc.gov to find a site near you.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
        Can you be more specific about where on eckington this occurred and why you were looking for this suspect?

        Bryan S Williams
        Doctor of Physical Therapy

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013

          Unless you are more specific with an address, I find no information about our helicopter being up. It may have been Park police, or one of the other jurisdiction helicopters up.

          Anyone know why the police have been patrolling alleys in Eckington with super bright lights?  Just now and a few days ago?

          I've never seen the super bright lights before, and both times helicopters have come by shortly after.

          Allison

        • Glenn
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2013
            Seaton place NE... I saw the helicopter.  They also arrested a guy directly across from my house.

            Sent from my iPhone
            ~Glenn

            Please excuse any mispellings / odd words. My iPhone thinks it is smarter than I am.

            On Jul 2, 2013, at 10:02 AM, "Hughes, Corinne (MPD)" <corinne.hughes@...> wrote:

            Unless you are more specific with an address, I find no information about our helicopter being up. It may have been Park police, or one of the other jurisdiction helicopters up.

            Anyone know why the police have been patrolling alleys in Eckington with super bright lights?  Just now and a few days ago?

            I've never seen the super bright lights before, and both times helicopters have come by shortly after.

            Allison

          • Allison Stewart
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2013
              Behind 100 block of U Street NEon July 1 between 9-10:30.  I would appreciate knowing if this is some kind of ongoing program or an individual incident.

              Allison