7.1.13 Arrest Made in Assault with the Intent to Commit First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed and Burglary: 2400 Block of 2nd Street, NE

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2013
      Contact: Saray Leon (202) 727-4383

      July 1, 2013

      Arrest Made in Assault with the Intent to Commit First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed and Burglary:

      2400 Block of 2nd Street, NE

      (Washington, DC)- Detectives from the Metropolitan Police Department have announced an arrest has been made in connection with the Assault with Intent to Commit First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed and Burglary that occurred in the 2400 block of 2nd Street, NE.

      On Wednesday, June 5, 2013, at approximately 4:00 am, two suspects entered a residence and produced a handgun and a knife.  One of the suspects sexually assaulted an adult female before taking property and fleeing.

      On Saturday, June 29, 2013, 18-year-old Tayvon Barber of Northeast DC, was arrested and charged with Burglary One while Armed and Assault with the Intent to Commit First Degree Sexual Assault while Armed, following an investigation by the detectives of the Metropolitan Police Department.

      OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
      Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!

    • Sally Hobaugh