Traffic Advisory July 4th Festivities
- Contact: Officer Tisha Gant (202) 727-4383
July 1, 2013
CORRECTIONS TO ADVISORY
STREET CLOSURES FOR MULTIPLE EVENTS
On Thursday, July 4, 2013, there will be several events taking place in the District of Columbia in relation to the Independence Day Festivities. In conjunction with these events, there will be numerous street closures and parking restrictions that motorists should take into consideration:
A Capitol 4th – Celebration on the National Mall:
No Parking Restrictions 5:00am to 11:00pm
- 3rd Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 4th Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 7th Street, from Independence to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
- 14th Street, from Independence to Constitution Avenue, NW
- 15th Street, from Constitution to E Street NW
- 17th Street, from Constitution to E Street NW
- Constitution Avenue, both sides, from Pennsylvania Ave., west to 23rd Street, NW
- 10th Street, NW, between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW
- 14th Street, NW, between Constitution and Pennsylvania Avenues, NW
- C Street, NW, from 17th to 18th Street, Both Sides.
- Virginia Avenue, NW from Constitution Avenue to 21st Street.
Streets Closed from approximately 6:00am until approximately 11:00pm
- 4th Street from Independence Avenue SW to Constitution Avenue NW
- 7th Street from Independence Avenue SW to Constitution Avenue NW
- 15th Street from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Maine Avenue SW
- 17th Street from Independence Avenue SW to E Street NW
- 19th Street NW, from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 20th Street NW, from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 21st Street NW, from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 22nd Street NW, from C Street to Constitution Avenue
- 23rd Street NW from Independence Avenue SW to C Street NW
- Virginia Avenue NW from 18th Street to 20th Street
- Constitution Avenue NW from 14th Street to 23rd Street.
- Independence Avenue SW from 14th Street to 23rd Street
Streets Closed from approximately 11:30am until approximately 11:00pm
14th Street from Independence Avenue to Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
3rd Street from Maryland Avenue SW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Streets Closed from approximately 11:30am until approximately 3:00pm (for the Parade)
9th Street Tunnel from Pennsylvania Avenue to the SE/SW Freeway
12th Street Tunnel from the SE/SW Freeway to Pennsylvania Avenue
Motorists should be advised that the 14th Street Bridge and the Roosevelt Bridge will remain open throughout the day. Motorists are reminded that there is no parking or stopping on the bridges. Any vehicles that stop on the bridge will be immediately ticketed and towed.
July 4th Parade
On Thursday, July 4, 2013, the July 4th Parade will take place from 11:45 am until 2:00 pm.
The streets along the following route will be closed from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm.
- Starting from 7th Street, NW and Constitution Avenue, NW ending at 23rd Street and Constitution Avenue, NW
- Also closed: 7th Street, NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue, SW
46th Annual Palisades July 4th Parade:
The parade begins at Whitehaven Parkway and MacArthur Boulevard NW., and proceeds Northwest on MacArthur, left on Edmunds Place, left on Sherrier Place, and a right into the Palisades Recreation Center. Road closures begin at 12:00pm and conclude at approximately 1:30 pm.
MacArthur Boulevard will be closed from Reservoir Road to Arizona Ave. for this event. There will be rolling street closures during this event.
Capitol Hill July 4th Parade:
The annual parade on Capitol Hill will form at 8th & I Streets, SE at 8:00am. The parade will begin at 10:00am and end at 12:00pm. The parade will precede north on 8th Street, and west on D Street, SE. to the park at 7th and D Street, SE where it will disband. There will be rolling street closures during this event.
Due to the extremely heavy pedestrian crowds associated with these events, motorists are encouraged to exercise extreme caution when traveling in these areas. In addition, those wishing to attend these events are encouraged to use public transportation.
OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!