Intersection Of North Capitol St NE and Girard St NE

  • Tracey D Turner
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2013

      I live on Girard St NE.  My neighbors and I are being harassed by a local group of drug dealers that have taken over Girard Street.  They are very active in the drug trade every day, all day.  Since it’s a one-way street, Girard is logistically feasible for drug activity.  Their posts are at the corner of N. Capitol and Girard St NE as well as Girard St and Franklin St NE.  They also congregate in the alley near N. Capitol and Girard to sell and use drugs. They also play loud music in this alley.  There is inoperable streetlight in this alley.  I have submitted numerous requests to have the streetlight repaired, but, the City has yet to do so.

      I have requested for MPD to pay special attention to this area and to provide a higher police presence.  I have called the police every night for the past 2 weeks.   I am not sure what else I can do to keep these dealers from conducting illegal activity and staying off of my property.  Can anyone give me suggestions about how to best resolve this issue?

      --
      Tracey D Turner
    • Griffin, Randy (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2013

        Your concerns have been forwarded to your PSA lieutenant, Ronald Wright, as well as to the Fifth District Vice Office.  Please continue to dial 9-1-1 in the interim and give the operator as specific information as possible.  For example, descriptions of the suspects, the location of any narcotics, and the description of any suspicious vehicles.

        OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
        Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!