Re: Fwd: [MPD-5D] Appropriate work hours for utilities?

  • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2013
      Thank you sir

      From: Powell, Jeffrey (DDOT)
      Sent: Saturday, June 29, 2013 03:44 PM
      To: Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Subject: Fwd: [MPD-5D] Appropriate work hours for utilities?

      Chief: telco work has been authorized via regulatory authority.

      Jeffrey H. Powell.                    Sent from my iPhone

      Begin forwarded message:

      From: "Childs, James (DDOT)" <James.Childs2@...>
      To: "Graham, Walter (DDOT)" <walter.graham@...>, "Powell, Jeffrey (DDOT)" <jeffrey.powell@...>
      Cc: "Mcfadden, Marvin (DDOT)" <marvin.mcfadden@...>
      Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Appropriate work hours for utilities?

      Emergency Request Number:

      E14309

      Loss of vital service / immediate safety hazard?:

      Yes

      Type of emergency:

      Telecom Underground

      Cause of emergency:

      Service Outage

      Start Date:

      06/29/2013 06:00:00

      End Date:

      07/03/2013

      Pending Permit

      Internal Utility Tracking Number:

      Traffic Control Plan:

      Parking lane and sidewalk closure

      Problem in detail:

      Cutting section on defective cable. Customers out of service.

      Location Information

      Location:

      80 O STREET NW

      Rush-hour restrictions?:

      No

      Location Detail:

      Curb Lane

      Additional Location Description:

      Even side

      There was NO excessive noise generating work going on, or work of an eminent  danger nature at this location, NO one was working at this location; however they had a tent set up in the front yard so they could communicate with the others workers at a manhole located on private property at Dunbar High School. The attached EWR  number is what they are working under. Note, there is NO end time for operating in the Public Rights-of-Way

      From: "Powell, Jeffrey (DDOT)" <jeffrey.powell@...<mailto:jeffrey.powell@...>>
      To: "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...<mailto:diane.groomes@...>>
      Cc: "Graham, Walter (DDOT)" <walter.graham@...<mailto:walter.graham@...>>,"Childs, James (DDOT)" <James.Childs2@...<mailto:James.Childs2@...>>,Tim Outsa <tim.s.outsa@...<mailto:tim.s.outsa@...>>

      Chief: under an emergency permit they can work. I will send to duty supervisor for inspection.

      Jeffrey H. Powell.                    Sent from my iPhone

      Hi jeff is there an answer for this