Re: [MPD-5D] Dispatchers

  • cninney@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16 7:56 AM
      I agree, half the time they do not collect enough information to give to the officers, they need training!!

      From: "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...>
      > POLICE go to calls for service -- a dispatcher cannot make that decision
      >
      > Mr. Kailian I suggest you meet with your PSA 101 team to resolve issues you
      have
      > put on the listserv
      >
      > DCRA is the agency that DOES BUSINESS LICENSING IN THE CITY and it would be
      good
      > to hear confirmation from them that this business should be closed -- we have
      > not been officially notified by that agency on
      > this closure
      >
      > ________________________________

      Policing for Prevention
      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16 5:05 PM
        Hello All:

        I share Mr. Nelson's frustration with the dispatchers who are sometimes
        argumentative and not very helpful.
        At the last PSA 504 meeting I asked our Lieutenant to invite Ms. Janice
        Quintana, to our next PSA meeting. Ms. Quintana serves as the director of the
        Office of Unified Communications, which is responsible for answering 311 and 911
        calls.

        Ms. Quintana is unable to attend our meeting tomorrow and I look forward to
        her attending the next meeting and providing some answers about her staff.

        It may be useful to invite Ms. Quintana to attend the other Ward 5 PSA
        meetings.

        Sincerely,

        Kathy

      • Caro Alcuaz
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 16 7:36 PM
          I have been complaining about dispatchers since March 2006.

          Every time I ask for a supervisor, they say that they will investigate.

          It takes months for them to get back to me, and when they do, they say that they don't have the details of the case.

          I guess it's my fault for not keeping a record for that long. I actually have it in my e-mails but I have better things to do right now.

          It's either that someone there is incompetent or this is a tactic someone there uses to weasel out of being accountable.

        • Vaughn-Lee, Fayette (MPD)
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19 5:04 AM
            Good Morning Mr. Alcuaz,

            Lt. Anderson is in contact with OUF, she is currently working to get the
            new Administration to address the concerns of the 5D Community and to
            come to our PSA meetings. Last year we were able to have them make a
            presentation at the PSA 501 meeting. A small group of PSA 501
            Community members toured their operation last September; I'd like to
            scheduled another visit in their new facility. I'll keep the group
            informed about updates.

            Fayette Vaughn-Lee

            5D Community Outreach Coordinator

            202 698-0188