DDOT Traffic Advisory: Temporary Nighttime Lane Closure on Northbound I-295 from June 25-27, 2013

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2013

      Government of the District of Columbia
      Department of Transportation

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      Thursday, June 20, 2013

      Media Contact: Monica Hernandez (DDOT) – 202-671-2261, monica.hernandez@...

      ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***

      Temporary Nighttime Lane Closure on Northbound I-295 from June 25-27, 2013

      (Washington D.C.) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will institute temporary nighttime lane closures on northbound I-295 (Anacostia Freeway) near the Blue Plains Treatment Plant from Tuesday, June 25, 2013 to Thursday, June 27, 2013.  These temporary closures are being implemented to upgrade a nearby Weigh In station on northbound I-295 (Anacostia Freeway).

      The right lane and center lane on northbound I-295 (Anacostia Freeway) will be temporarily closed starting from 10 p.m. on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 to 5:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 26, 2013. The outermost left lane and center lane on northbound I-295 (Anacostia Freeway) will be temporarily closed from 10 p.m. on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 to 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 27, 2013.

      Please see the pinpointed area on the map below (also attached) for the location of this work:

      Temporary traffic control signs will be in place to guide motorists through this area. DDOT encourages all motorists to stay alert as they move through this work zone.

      For more information about this work, please contact Project Manager Rahul Jain at rahul.jain@... or 202-359-0327.

      ###

      OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
      Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!