Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Daily Crime Report - 5D

  • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
    Message 1 of 3182 , Jun 20, 2013
      Thanks for the email Donald.  We do have officers that are patrolling the area of 6th and Edgewood as well.  We don't leave the officers on stationary posts as we prefer to have them actively patrolling and walking in the community.

      Additionally, we have a crime camera at 4th and Bryant Street, N.E.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Jun 20, 2013, at 11:20 PM, "donadorae" <donadorae@...> wrote:

      I'd like to chime in and also thank MPD for stepping up their presence in the area, I really hope that it will make a difference.

      I have a request- it seems to me that there should also be a police car stationed at the intersection of 6th & Edgewood at ALL times. One of those MPD surveillance cameras wouldn't hurt either.. I don't think those buildings have much in the way of surveillance. That block has seen an incredible amount of crime.

      I know for a fact that a lot of the young kids that have been terrorizing my block (throwing rocks, knocking over trashcans, etc.) live there. I've seen them immediately afterwards hanging out in front of the entrance like it was nothing. These kids know that as juveniles they can get away with it. Hopefully these officers are getting to know who some of these kids are, because they're completely out of control.

      Thanks,
      Donald

    • mpd.reports@...
      Message 3182 of 3182 , Jul 28 1:29 AM

        PSA: 503
        CCN: 15114821
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 07:22
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft 2 F/Auto: Motor Vehicle Parts & Accessories
        BLOCK: 2800 - 2998 BLOCK OF NEWTON STREET NE
        LOCATION: Alley
        START DT: 07/27/2015 07:00
        END DT: 07/27/2015 07:22
        PSA: 504
        CCN: 15115202
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 20:21
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 4200 - 4281 BLOCK OF 14TH STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 07/27/2015 08:00
        END DT: 07/27/2015 18:00
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15114890
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 10:52
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 900 - 999 BLOCK OF RHODE ISLAND AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Specialty Store (Tv, Fur, Etc)
        START DT: 07/27/2015 10:40
        END DT: 07/27/2015 10:50
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15115027
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 13:43
        OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
        METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
        BLOCK: 1638 - 1750 BLOCK OF BLADENSBURG ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Customer Area
        START DT: 05/21/2015 11:00
        END DT: 07/27/2015 13:43
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15115216
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 19:49
        OFFENSE: Theft/Other
        METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
        BLOCK: 950 - 1000 BLOCK OF MOUNT OLIVET ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Government/Public Building
        START DT: 07/27/2015 07:45
        END DT: 07/27/2015 19:49
        PSA: 505
        CCN: 15115302
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 23:11
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1800 - 2299 BLOCK OF NEW YORK AVENUE NE
        LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
        START DT: 07/27/2015 19:00
        END DT: 07/27/2015 23:11
        PSA: 506
        CCN: 15114897
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 10:07
        OFFENSE: Burglary
        METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
        BLOCK: 1300 - 1331 BLOCK OF STAPLES STREET NE
        LOCATION: Residence/Home
        START DT: 07/26/2015 16:45
        END DT: 07/27/2015 07:00
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15114861
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 09:31
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 800 - 899 BLOCK OF 20TH STREET NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 07/26/2015 16:00
        END DT: 07/27/2015 08:45
        PSA: 507
        CCN: 15114913
        RPT DATE: 07/27/2015 11:24
        OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
        METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
        BLOCK: 1600 - 1699 BLOCK OF BENNING ROAD NE
        LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
        START DT: 07/23/2015 08:00
        END DT: 07/23/2015 09:22

        KEY: