Alley Light Behind Blocks 1900 H St & 1900 Bennet Place

  • arodeojock@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
      The light in our alley has gone out. I have submitted a request through dc.gov to have it replaced (conf #1427683). They are due to inspect the pole by the 19th. Any residents on the block, please feel free to call and submit a request or to follow up with the Mayor's Call Center to get it fixed quickly.

      In the interim, could we have a regular patrol check the alley? It is incredibly dark since very few residents leave their back porch lights on. (I don't even have one! I'm working to install one, though.)

      Thanks,

      Patrick Nelson
      1900 Block of H Street NE

      +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

      BLOG: http://arodeojock.blogspot.com/
      Yahoo: aRodeoJock
      KICKBALL: http://-teamflameon-.blogspot.com/

      "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy."
      -James Madison

      "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
      -Howard Zinn, Historian

      "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more converts than reason."
      -Thomas Paine

    • mpd5d_coordinator
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
        Good Morning,

        Thank you for letting us know the light has gone out. Submitting
        requests and getting a Hansen number is the best way to track request
        for services. Request can also be made on line at the Service Request
        Center
        <http://dc.gov/registration/login.asp?appid=3&target=http%3A%2F%2Fsrc%2E\
        dc%2Egov%2Fccc%2FcccValidateUserDefault%2Easp>

        I have sent your request for additional patrols in the alley.

        Fayette Vaughn-Lee

        5D Community Outreach Coordinator

        202 698-0188

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, arodeojock@... wrote:

        > The light in our alley has gone out. I have submitted a request
        through dc.gov to have it replaced (conf #1427683). They are due to
        inspect the pole by the 19th. Any residents on the block, please feel
        free to call and submit a request or to follow up with the Mayor's Call
        Center to get it fixed quickly.

        > In the interim, could we have a regular patrol check the alley? It is
        incredibly dark since very few residents leave their back porch lights
        on. (I don't even have one! I'm working to install one, though.)

        > Thanks,
        >
        > Patrick Nelson
        > 1900 Block of H Street NE
        >
        > +=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
        >
        > BLOG: http://arodeojock.blogspot.com/
        > Yahoo: aRodeoJock
        > KICKBALL: http://-teamflameon-.blogspot.com/
        >
        > "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise
        of fighting a foreign enemy."
        > -James Madison
        >
        > "Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism"
        > -Howard Zinn, Historian
        >
        > "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial
        appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in
        defense of custom. But the tumult soon subsides. Time makes more
        converts than reason."
        > -Thomas Paine

      • bigriq
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2007
          I've called the Mayor's Call Center daily about this issue and have
          even called the police once to just ride up the alley.

          There is a crew back there (11 pm on Wednesday) looking at the lights now.

          1900 Block of Bennett PL NE