Neighborhood Watch Training

  • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2013
      5D Community,
      From the Desk of Samantha Nolan, Citywide Neighborhood Watch Trainer

      The next Neighborhood Watch training for new block captains and others who wish to learn ways to prevent crime, will be held at the Second District Police Station at 3320 Idaho Ave. NW next Tuesday, June 25 at 7:00 pm. The training will give people all the tools they need to have a successful neighborhood watch program on their block. They will see pictures of actual crime scenes and learn how to avoid becoming a victim of crime.

      If someone would like to take the training, but not commit to becoming the block captain, that is fine too. We would like everyone in the city trained so that crimes of opportunity can be eliminated.

      Please contact me at NolanTutor@... if you are interested in attending the next training.

      I look forward to meeting community members there.

      Samantha Nolan
      Citywide Neighborhood Watch Trainer
      Mark your Calendars, Tell your Neighbors, Bring your Friends
      See You there
    • Staten, Derek (MPD)
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2013
        Good Afternoon,

        The next Neighborhood Watch Crime Prevention Training will be held Tuesday, August 27, 2013 at 7:00 pm at St. Paul's College, 3015 4th Street NE, 20017. The training is free to anyone interested in attending. Come learn ways to help prevent becoming a victim of crime, and learn ways to reduce crimes of opportunity in our city.

        If you are interested in attending the training, please rsvp with, Samantha Nolan, Citywide Neighborhood Watch Trainer, at NolanTutor@.... Space is limited.

        Thank you.

        Mr. Derek Staten
        Fourth District Community Outreach Coordinator
        Office:
        (202) 715-7418Cell:
        (202) 270-1640Email: derek.staten@...

        March with the DC delegation and join the pre-March rally for DC rights at the August 24th 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington. Check out http://marchondc50.dc.gov for full event details.