RE: [MPD-5D] MPD-5 Neighborhood Walk Thru Today - Thursday, June 20, 2013

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 20, 2013

      It will start at the parking lot near Forman Mills at 4th and Rhode Island Avenue, and it is expected to be over in an hour so that people can make it to Israel Baptist by 6:30.

      Andy Solberg

      OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
      Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!

      From: paul.r.dueringer@...
      Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 08:10:38 -0400
      Subject: [MPD-5D] MBT Security Questions

      I have some questions about the assault incident on the MBT trail last night.  It is hard to believe this happened during evening hour commute. The article in the post indicated this was not a robbery, see link:  http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/bicyclist-severely-beaten-on-dc-trail/2013/06/11/b61e2f3a-d300-11e2-8cbe-1bcbee06f8f8_story.html

      The question I have from resident are as follows:

      1. What is the current patrolling plan for the MBT?

      2. Is the DC police department planning any increased patrolling?

      3. When are we likely to see officers on the trail (From Union towards Silver Spring)?

      4. Who is responsible for patrolling the trail? Or is it shared across districts?

      5. What other information about crime on the MBT do you think residents need to know?

      Paul Dueringer
      CR Neighborhood Watch Coordinator