RE: [MPD-5D] MPD-5 Neighborhood Walk Thru Today - Thursday, June 20, 2013
It will start at the parking lot near Forman Mills at 4th and Rhode Island Avenue, and it is expected to be over in an hour so that people can make it to Israel Baptist by 6:30.
OneCityYouth.DC.gov is your new, one-stop source for summer activities for District youth.
Head to the site today for programs & services for young people across the District!
What is the starting point. And you know that CM McDuffie is having his Crime meeting today at Israel Baptist Church.
Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.
Booker T. Washington
On Jun 20, 2013, at 10:59 AM, "Stephanie A. Robinson" <mssteph6721@...> wrote:
There will be a MPD-5 walk thru tomorrow, June 20, 2013 at 5pm in the
neighborhood. The Chief of Police and partner government agencies
will be present.
Any questions contact, the Fifth District Station--Metropolitan
533 Regent Place NE
I have some questions about the assault incident on the MBT trail last night. It is hard to believe this happened during evening hour commute. The article in the post indicated this was not a robbery, see link: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/bicyclist-severely-beaten-on-dc-trail/2013/06/11/b61e2f3a-d300-11e2-8cbe-1bcbee06f8f8_story.html
The question I have from resident are as follows:
1. What is the current patrolling plan for the MBT?
2. Is the DC police department planning any increased patrolling?
3. When are we likely to see officers on the trail (From Union towards Silver Spring)?
4. Who is responsible for patrolling the trail? Or is it shared across districts?
5. What other information about crime on the MBT do you think residents need to know?
CR Neighborhood Watch Coordinator