RE: [MPD-5D] Daily Crime Report - 5D

  • Stephanie A. Robinson
    Message 1 of 2951 , Jun 19, 2013
      MPD-5, for several weeks now I see anywhere from 10-12 MPD-5 police officers standing at the corner of Adams Street and 4th Street NE.  Please advise whether that is a meeting place or post for the MPD-5 officers, or whether activities at that corner warrant the MPD-5 presence in that number of officers present.

      It is a concern for me as I travel that way driving to work, church, community meetings etc.

      Are the officers stationed there in order to curb criminal activity or for them to respond faster to crime in the Edgewood/Brentwood/Brookland/Bloomingdale/Eckington neighborhoods?

      Please advise.  I ask because we constantly hear about robberies, buglaries, and carjackings in our communities and I would be interested to know if spreading the officers out in the communities rather then 10-12 officers posted at the Adams & 4th Street NE corner store would help deter in our streets.

      I am not trying to tell MPD-5 how to police the 5D community; I am just concerned about the growing summer crime and I see a show of MPD-5 force on one corner; perhaps that corner is the nerve center to the crime in the community.

      Thank you for your service to our communities, and thank you for working to keep our neighborhoods safe.

      Stephanie
      __________________________

      Stephanie

      -----------------------------

      There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and
      lifting people up.

      -- John Andrew Holmes

      To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com
      From: mpd.reports@...
      Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 04:50:01 -0400
      Subject: [MPD-5D] Daily Crime Report - 5D

      PSA: 502
      CCN: 13082896
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 00:09
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK:
      LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
      START DT: 06/17/2013 17:55
      END DT: 06/18/2013 00:05
      PSA: 502
      CCN: 13083134
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 13:05
      OFFENSE: Motor Vehicle Theft
      METHOD: Unauthorized Use Of Vehicle
      BLOCK:
      LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
      START DT: 06/18/2013 13:05
      END DT: 06/18/2013 13:05
      PSA: 502
      CCN: 13083221
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 16:30
      OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
      METHOD: Adw -- Other Dangerous Weapon
      BLOCK: 2600 - 2657 BLOCK OF DOUGLASS PLACE SE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
      START DT: 06/18/2013 16:18
      END DT: 06/18/2013 16:18
      PSA: 503
      CCN: 13083091
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 12:20
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 4300 - 4399 BLOCK OF 21ST STREET NE
      LOCATION: Highway/Road/Alley/Street
      START DT: 06/17/2013 20:00
      END DT: 06/18/2013 09:30
      PSA: 503
      CCN: 13083138
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 13:03
      OFFENSE: Theft/Other
      METHOD: Theft 1 (Theft F/Building)
      BLOCK: 2800 - 2807 BLOCK OF DOUGLAS STREET NE
      LOCATION: Residence/Home
      START DT: 06/14/2013 07:00
      END DT: 06/18/2013 10:30
      PSA: 504
      CCN: 13083063
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 10:51
      OFFENSE: Theft F/Auto
      METHOD: Theft From Auto 2
      BLOCK: 1500 - 1599 BLOCK OF LAWRENCE STREET NE
      LOCATION: Victim`S Vehicle
      START DT: 06/18/2013 10:51
      END DT: 06/18/2013 10:51
      PSA: 505
      CCN: 13083125
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 13:15
      OFFENSE: Theft/Other
      METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
      BLOCK: 1000 - 1111 BLOCK OF BRENTWOOD ROAD NE
      LOCATION: Department/Discount Store
      START DT: 06/18/2013 11:56
      END DT: 06/18/2013 12:30
      PSA: 505
      CCN: 13083305
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 18:21
      OFFENSE: Assault W/Dangerous Weapon
      METHOD: Adw -- Knife
      BLOCK: 1000 - 1111 BLOCK OF BRENTWOOD ROAD NE
      LOCATION: Parking Lot/Garage
      START DT: 06/18/2013 18:21
      END DT: 06/18/2013 18:21
      PSA: 505
      CCN: 13083449
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 22:30
      OFFENSE: Theft/Other
      METHOD: Theft 1st Degree
      BLOCK: 1600 - 1725 BLOCK OF W STREET NE
      LOCATION: Other Residence (Apartment/Condo)
      START DT: 06/18/2013 18:00
      END DT: 06/18/2013 21:30
      PSA: 506
      CCN: 13083439
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 22:55
      OFFENSE: Theft/Other
      METHOD: Theft 2nd Degree
      BLOCK: 900 - 999 BLOCK OF BLADENSBURG ROAD NE
      LOCATION: Convenience Store
      START DT: 06/18/2013 22:33
      END DT: 06/18/2013 22:35
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 13083151
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 13:55
      OFFENSE: Burglary
      METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
      BLOCK: 1920 - 2099 BLOCK OF I STREET NE
      LOCATION: Residence/Home
      START DT: 06/18/2013 12:55
      END DT: 06/18/2013 12:55
      PSA: 507
      CCN: 13083339
      RPT DATE: 06/18/2013 19:34
      OFFENSE: Burglary
      METHOD: Second Degree Burglary (Armed Or Otherwise)
      BLOCK: 900 - 999 BLOCK OF 19TH STREET NE
      LOCATION: Residence/Home
      START DT: 06/18/2013 06:00
      END DT: 06/18/2013 19:00

      KEY:

      OFFENSE - Crime Classification.

      BLOCK - Block where the crime occurred.

      START DT - Earliest datetime the incident could have occurred.

      END DT - Latest datetime the incident could have occurred.

      ADW - Assault With A Deadly Weapon

      F&V - Force and Violence

      PBS - Pocketbook Snatch

      P/P - Pickpocket

    • Porter, Dierdre (MPD)
      Message 2951 of 2951 , Today at 7:48 AM

        Good Morning,

        The complainant reported he was walking in the area of the unit block of New York Avenue when he sustained a non-fatal gunshot wound.

        Commander Porter