Re: [MPD-5D] Kids scouting for break in opportunities

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 13 7:19 PM
      Thanks for the update.  It is good that your husband was able to scare the kids off.  We do see kids this young breaking into houses, so he was right to send them off quickly and without confrontation.

      In cases like this, it is also good to call 911 as soon as possible.

      Andy Solberg

      Sent from my iPad

      On Jun 13, 2013, at 10:12 PM, "Elizabeth Lyttleton" <eblyttleton@...> wrote:

      Unfortunately, it all happened so fast that my husband can't give much of a description other than it was two approx 14-15 year old African American boys.  One was shorter (5'1? 5'2?) and a little chubby, one was taller (5'5? 5'6?) and skinnier, and the shorter one has close cut hair.  Bert and Ernie, my husband says.

      He did not call 911 at the time, partly because the kids were long gone, and hadn't actually done anything illegal as yet.  He asked me to email this list afterwards, but would also have been happy to call 911 if it would make a difference.

      Thanks for the follow up.

      On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Solberg, Andrew (MPD) <Andrew.Solberg@...> wrote:

      Can you provide a description of the kids please?  It would be helpful.

      Also, did you or your husband call 911?

      Andy Solberg

      moveDC is a citywide initiative to develop a bold, new vision for the District’s transportation future and increase transportation choices for all.
      Visit www.wemovedc.org for more information.