Re: [MPD-5D] Metropolitan Branch Trail Safety Walk and Bike Event

  • Ann Bowers-Evangelista
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2013

      I cannot attend (we won't even live in DC for another 6 weeks!) but hope this might become a recurring/monthly event. As avid cyclists for both recreation and transportation, my husband and I would love to engage MPD-5D in discussion of how to partner with neighbors to increase safety on the trail at all times of day.

      Ann B-E

      On Jun 13, 2013 12:06 PM, "Michael Henderson" <edgewooddc@...> wrote:

       Safety Walk & Bike Event

      Supporting safe use of

       The Metropolitan Branch Trail

      Please Join Us!

      Monday, June 17th, 2013

      6:30 pm

      Wear WHITE shirt!

      Meet at Either:

      The Edgewood Recreation Center

      or

      Entrance to Trail at L & 1st/2nd Streets NE

      Agenda:

      ·     Two above groups convene at pocket park at 4th & S NE  at 7:15pm

      ·     Hold a Moment of Silence Honoring Victims of Violence on Trail

      ·     Walk trail with the MPD to identify strategies to improve safety!

      ·     Share Coffee and cookies, care of Big Bear Café

      ·     Kids and Pets Welcome

      Big Bear Café & Restaurant

      Eckington and Edgewood Neighbors

      Eckington Civic Association