Significant Weather Event

  • 5D Community Outreach Coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2013

      Good Morning 5D Community, the following notice is for your information and sharing

      Pepco Prepared for Severe Weather- Customers asked to Prepare for a Significant Weather Event

      PEPCO PREPARED FOR SEVERE WEATHER
      Customers asked to Prepare for a Significant Weather Event

      Washington, D.C. – The National Weather Service predicts the potential for the Washington Metropolitan Region to experience a significant weather event Thursday, including severe thunderstorms with heavy rain, damaging winds, large hail and possible tornadoes.
              Pepco is carefully monitoring weather forecasts and is talking with utility partners in the Midwest to see what kind of damage they are getting and what we might expect. We are sharing information with our mutual assistance partners and will request crews from other utilities as needed.
              At present, we have available more than 150 internal line personnel and more than 450 contractors already here working on our system performing reliability improvements. All Pepco employees have a role during storms and are all gearing up for a response.
              We also are making outbound calls today to customers enrolled in our Emergency Medical Equipment Notification Program to alert them that they should review their emergency plans and make preparations now in case they lose power.
              We ask customers to:
      ·        Check their emergency supply kits and be prepared in case they do lose power.
      ·        Find tips on preparing for a storm on our website, pepco.com.
      ·        Report any outages to us by:
      o        Calling 877-PEPCO-62
      o        Visiting our website at pepco.com
      o        Using our mobile app, available for download at pepco.com/mobileapp.