Filing Complaint Against 911 Operator

  • aRodeoJock
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 7, 2013
      Does anyone know how to go about filing a complaint against a 911 operator?

      I had two kids (a boy and a girl) come up to my porch last night at about 12.30am and start fighting very loudly. The boy had grabber her arm, was getting more violent, and looked like he was going to hit the girl. I opened the door and asked them to leave, but they wouldn't. So, I called 911 and got nothing but attitude from the operator. I used the word "fighting" and said it looked like it was going to get "violent" to describe what was going on. And instead of dispatching the call, he decided to deride me, raised his voice, and spoke to me very condescendingly about why "fighting" wasn't the right word since I couldn't see a weapon and neither of them had gotten to blows (even though it was late at night, they were strangers, and they were yelling very loudly ON MY PORCH).

      All I could think was "Really? You're going to lecture me, a writer/editor/BA in English, about my WORD CHOICE? Meanwhile this girl could be on the verge of getting beaten?" Why UIOC isn't run by MPD, I don't understand. I'd much rather have an officer answer the call than one of these people that seem to hate their jobs and have no time for the people they're supposed to serve.

      -Patrick

      Patrick Nelson
      Arbonne International | Independent Consultant - ID 19478217

      Safe. Pure. Beneficial.
      Vegan, gluten-free, botanically-based skincare and nutrition products for men and women.
      Formulated in Switzerland and MADE IN THE U.S.A.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 7, 2013

        Patrick,

        You can contact the Director, Jennifer Greene.

        Andy Solberg

        Commander, 5D

        moveDC is a citywide initiative to develop a bold, new vision for the District’s transportation future and increase transportation choices for all.
        Visit www.wemovedc.org for more information.