5D Officers Recognized by Chief for work in capturing armed suspects

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2007
      Good Morning All,
      Two more guns are out of our community - thanks to the work of our
      5D Officers (see excerpt below). Please join your PSA Lieutenant
      and neighbors for monthly meetings that address your specific crime
      issues/concerns. PSA 501 met on the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
      PSA 502 met on the 1st Thursday of each month. PSA 503 met on the
      2nd Wednesday of each month. PSA 504 met on the 3rd Saturday of
      each month. PSA 505 met on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.

      Mark your calendars, tell a neighbor, bring a friend, see you there
      Fayette Vaughn-Lee
      5D Community Outreach Coordinator
      202 698-0188

      Acting Chief Lanier handed awards to members of 5D for the arrest of
      two armed suspects and two gun recoveries,

      In the Fifth District, Officers Gary Glenn, Carlos Heraud, Eric
      Hairston, Jonathan Jordan, Michael Lynch, and Shante Oden-Hairston
      were recognized for their work in capturing armed suspects and
      recovering a Ruger .45 semi-automatic pistol and a 9mm Desert Eagle
      pistol. In the case, officers were faced with deadly force (suspects
      pointed loaded weapons at them, and attempted to strike them with
      their getaway vehicle). Officers further risked their lives by
      rescuing the vehicle's occupants from the wreckage of their burning
      vehicle. Office of Corporate Communications