Re: [MPD-5D] Noise Violators-Perry Street Prep

    Message 1 of 6 , May 23, 2013
      We will patrol both streets and the park itself. To aid in our efforts please call 911 when people are parked there.

      Andy Solberg
      Commander, 5D

      Sent from my iPhone

      On May 23, 2013, at 5:52 AM, "steppingdoll" <steppingdoll@...> wrote:

      MPD-5D
      The noise violators are back. These individuals (many who don't live in the neighborhood) park their cars, talk loud and play music from their cars late at night. I've noticed they hang out mostly on Perry St NE (in front of the Perry St Prep School) and on Otis St NE (1800 block in front of the park).

      Officers were seen patrolling the area earlier this spring; a continued/frequent presence is appreciated from all residents whose homes border the park.

      Thx

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "steppingdoll" <steppingdoll@...> wrote:

      > Can anybody tell me if the police routinely patrol the Dwight A Mosely park after 10pm? This park is located on Perry St NE between South Dakota Ave, Otis St, and 18th St NE.
      >
      > With the weather getting warmer, when dusk falls, groups of kids get together and just hang out in front of the school. These kids talk/laugh loudly and play music from their cars.
      >
      > With the 10pm-7am noise ordinance in place, I'm hoping the police already plan to patrol the area to keep the noise level down.

      Play DC is an ambitious program to renovate 32 District play spaces across the city and improve your quality of life.
      Click here for more information on this  DPR and DGS-driven initiative.