Dangerous traffic

  • Amy Kovac
    Message 1 of 2 , May 22, 2013
      With the construction going on along a stretch of Benning Road from Oklahoma Avenue to about 20th Street, NE, we in Kingman Park (507) have been experiencing a large uptick in commuter traffic barreling down our streets to avoid the back-ups on Benning. This is understandable to a point, but in the last week or so, the amount of cars and the amount of cars speeding has become quite dangerous. In addition to commuters using the residential streets as cut-throughs, they are also using the alley ways. On Monday, our family was almost hit by a Maryland commuter speeding through the alley way near our street.

      The speed has gotten out of control - often with large trucks or buses going at speeds that are unsustainable on our small, narrow residential streets. Is there something that can be done from a police perspective to ticket these folks to slow them down? Walking around in the morning, in particular, as well as driving around in the neighborhoods is quite dangerous.

      Thank you,
      Amy
      Message 2 of 2 , May 22, 2013

        All PSA 507 officers will address this.

        Andy Solberg

        Play DC is an ambitious program to renovate 32 District play spaces across the city and improve your quality of life.
        Click here for more information on this  DPR and DGS-driven initiative.