5D Court Watch Alert

  • Kathy Henderson
    Message 1 of 4 , May 16, 2013
      Good Evening:

      This case is of interest to any person residing in ANC 5D and Ward 5. Montez and David Warren will stand trial on June 17, 2013, in Courtroom 316 before the Honorable Judge Ronna Beck for a 14-count indictment. A status hearing is scheduled for May 17, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. Interested neighbors are encouraged to attend Court on June 17, 2013. It is important that we demonstrate support for the work of MPD and the US Attorney's Office for carefully considering the evidence and filing charges in this matter.

      We will submit community impact statements for consideration at sentencing if the defendants are found guilty.

      Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05
      5D Court Watch Coordinator

      Charge #14: Carry Pistol W/O Lic -Outside Home/Business
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #13: Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #12: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #11: Robbery While Armed
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #10: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #9: Kidnapping While Armed
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #8: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #6: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #5: Murder I While Armed
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #4: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #3: Murder I While Armed
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #2: Poss Firearm During Crime of Violence
      05/30/2012Charge FiledCharge Filed
      Charge #1: Murder I While Armed
      Kathy Henderson
      khenderson029@...
    • Kathy Henderson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014

        Good Afternoon All:

        This case is of particular importance to our community. The Defendant Montez Warren and his brother David Warren are alleged to have committed up to seven murders and at least 19 robberies over the years in Ward 5. We will continue to monitor this case and expect that more information will be forthcoming.

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        Schedule Date
        Schedule TimeDescription
        01/23/201412:00 PMStatus Hearing
        01/27/201409:30 AMJury Trial

        Docket DateDescriptionMessages
        01/17/2014Notice of Filing:Notice of Filing:
        Attorney: MACHEN, Mr RONALD C (447889)
        01/17/2014Event Resulted - Release Status:Event Resulted - Release Status: NO BOND
        further motions to be addressed next date set; come up issued
        AUSA - Michelle Jackson, Holly Shick

        COURT REPORTER: Gercha White

        The following event: Trial Readiness Hearing scheduled for 01/17/2014 at 10:30 am has been resulted as follows:

        Result: Hearing Held
        Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316
        MONTEZ J WARREN (Defendant (Criminal)); ; Ms MADALYN R HARVEY (Attorney) on behalf of MONTEZ J WARREN (Defendant (Criminal)); Judge RHONDA REID WINSTON
        01/17/2014Event ScheduledEvent Scheduled
        Event: Status Hearing
        Date: 01/23/2014 Time: 12:00 pm
        Judge: REID WINSTON, RHONDA Location: Courtroom 316
        01/17/2014Form Generated: Prisoner ReturnForm Generated: Prisoner Return

        Prisoner Return
        Sent on: 01/17/2014 12:34:52.76
        01/16/2014Motion in Limine FiledGovernment's Motion in Limine to Introduce Recorded Jail Calls Filed
        Attorney: MACHEN, Mr RONALD C (447889)
        01/16/2014Opposition to Motion FiledSupplement to Opposition to Government's Motion in Limine to Introduce Other Crimines Evidence Filed
        Attorney: HARVEY, Ms MADALYN R (470310)
        Attorney: DOUGLAS, MONICA (975842)
        12/31/2013Judge Caseload Transfer-CriminalJudge Caseload Transfer-Criminal
        The judge was changed from BECK, RONNA L to REID WINSTON, RHONDA .
        12/31/2013Event ScheduledEvent Scheduled
        Event: Trial Readiness Hearing
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 21, 2014
          I am following up with a request to anyone that is on this listserv that has additional information regarding this case and related homicides. Please do not keep the information to yourself. We know neighbors have been afraid to come forward. Please feel free to contact Detective Thomas Braxton at (202) 486-3418. I GUARANTEE your identity will be safe. Thank you for partnering with law enforcement to protect our community from violent crime. The dark days of unrelenting violent crime are behind us; we have an opportunity to change the paradigm permanently if we work together.

          Kathy Henderson, 5D05
          khenderson029@...

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2016

          From: "Libertelli, Joe" <jlibertelli@...>
          Date: May 31, 2016 at 3:22:27 PM EDT
          To: "Friends@..." <Friends@...>
          Subject: Mon. 6/6 - Public Forum for DC Sup. Ct. Chief Judge Candidates

          Friends,

          Please Join us on Monday, June 6 & feel free to forward this invitation!

          -       Joe Libertelli

          https://gallery.mailchimp.com/c7fe06fc0895b53fdb1d6fd97/images/6367c761-cb6f-423e-8d55-e73379ace8de.png

          Joe Libertelli, Director

          Office of Alumni Relations,

          UDC David A. Clarke School of Law

          Mailing address: 4200 Connecticut Ave., NW

          Street address: 4340 Connecticut Ave., NW # 454

          Washington, DC 20008

          202-274-7338

          JLibertelli@...

          www.law.udc.edu

          Connect with UDC Law on Social Media:

          Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn

          To donate online go to www.law.udc.edu/donations.

          To send check, make out to "DCSL Foundation" and send to above address.  Thanks!

          Practice Law.  Promote Justice.  Change Lives.