Temporary stop signs at 7th and Monroe NE

  • Elizabeth Lyttleton
    Message 1 of 2 , May 17 3:57 PM
      The construction at 7th and Monroe has been awful for bikes, pedestrians and cars. But since they turned off the traffic lights at that intersection, it has gotten even more dangerous, particularly for those of us that have to cross Monroe going northbound as bikers or pedestrians. Drivers regularly blow through the temporary stop signs putting people trying to cross in severe danger. I was nearly hit yesterday.

      Could we please have more police visibility here? Just a car at the intersection during morning rush in particular would do wonders to encourage people to obey signage.

      Elizabeth

      Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse typos.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18 3:39 AM
        We will address this and conduct enforcement.

        Andy Solberg

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 18, 2013, at 5:26 AM, "Elizabeth Lyttleton" <eblyttleton@...> wrote:

        The construction at 7th and Monroe has been awful for bikes, pedestrians and cars. But since they turned off the traffic lights at that intersection, it has gotten even more dangerous, particularly for those of us that have to cross Monroe going northbound as bikers or pedestrians. Drivers regularly blow through the temporary stop signs putting people trying to cross in severe danger. I was nearly hit yesterday.

        Could we please have more police visibility here? Just a car at the intersection during morning rush in particular would do wonders to encourage people to obey signage.

        Elizabeth

        Sent from my iPhone, so please excuse typos.

        Play DC is an ambitious program to renovate 32 District play spaces across the city and improve your quality of life.
        Click here for more information on this  DPR and DGS-driven initiative.