Truck traffic on residential streets

  • beltway690
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2013
      They're baack! The dump trucks avoiding the traffic backups on South Dakota Ave. They bail out at Otis St NE going East, hang a right on 24th St NE going South, hang a left at Monroe going East again. When they hit Rhode Island Ave they choose either direction.

      Thanks to Commander Solberg for posting an officer and patrol car at 24th & Monroe a week ago Monday. For a neighbor on Monroe and her persistent calls for help. And for WRC-4 for filming some of the trucks. Peace came to the neighborhood for about a week. But now they're back.

      Here are the trucks that have rolled down 24th Street NE between Otis and Monroe today, May 13:

      11:09 AM TNB Trucking
      11:10 Johnson Trucking
      11:45 AM G&R Trucking - red dump truck
      1:50 PM white dump truck
      1:48 PM white truck with boom
      1:51 PM Trucking Ltd - black/silver
      1:52 PM silver / black dump truck
      2:20 PM black dump truck
      2:28 PM white / lite green dump truck
      2:59 PM G&R black dump truck
      3:00 PM Thomas trucking - blue dump
      3:35 PM PEPCO white bucket truck

      Our street is not designed for these heavyweights. Our kids are walking home from school at the same time. Residents would like to have some peace.
      Time for more police presence and tickets.