Re: 18th PL NE and D

  • policefsu13
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2013
      Units from the Fifth Police District were dispatched to a Robbery in progress from a Liquor Store in the 1800 Block of D Street, NE. Commander Solberg in Cruiser 15 was the first Unit to arrive on the scene and quickly discovered that the suspect was still inside the premises and was armed with a handgun. Units surrounded the Store, closed traffic and restricted pedestrian access while we coordinated responses from K-9, US Park Police Air Support and our Emergency Response Team. The suspect realized that he was surrounded and was advised to drop his weapon and surrender which he did.

      An adult male was taken into custody without incident and will be charged with Armed Robbery by members of the Fifth District Detectives Unit. We also look at him for other type offenses in the District of Columbia and throughout the Region.