Re: [MPD-5D] 5.1.13 Arrest Made Homicide: 1200 Blk Raum Street, NE Thomas Terrell Jamison

  • Kim
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2013
      This is unfortunately the block where I, somewhat reluctantly, just moved to.

      My strategy so far has been to never go out at night and only try to be outside while walking my dog or waiting for the bus. Today's shooting happened during morning rush hour which is one of the few times I would be outside.
      Do you have any tips or advice for keeping safe in a high crime area?  Online resources? Community workshops/training? Advice for women from female officers?

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2013
        We applaud the swift response of the officers, which resulted in an arrest in this matter. A swift response by law enforcement sends a strong message that we will not tolerate crime, especially violent crime. Every criminal should expect to be met with fast-acting law enforcement personnel and citizens who say something when they see something. This is a formula for crime-fighting success. Keep up the great work!

        Commissioner Kathy Henderson, 5D05

        From: "Press, MPD (MPD)" <mpd.press@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 20:00:07 -0400
        To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com<mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

[...]

      • Whitney Graves

          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2013

            This is part of the investigation, and we are not providing information on that now.

            Andy Solberg