Senior Citizens Academy New Class now forming Registration deadline March 1

  • mpd5d_coordinator
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2007
      Good Afternoon All,

      Please note that MPD is preparing to launch another class of the
      successful Senior Citizens Police Academy. "Our senior citizens
      provide the District of Columbia with a wealth of information and
      experience that can enrich our efforts to create a safer and
      healthier city. To better utilize this important resource, the
      Metropolitan Police Department, in conjunction with the DC Office on
      Aging, has created the Senior Citizens Police Academy. This program
      provides seniors with tools, resources and information that can help
      seniors avoid being victims of crime themselves, while also allowing
      them to get more actively involved in the Police Department's
      Policing for Prevention strategy of community policing".

      The application is available on the website listed below. The
      registration deadline is March 1, 2007, and the class will begin on
      March 20, 2007.

      Fayette Vaughn-lee
      Community Outreach Coordinator
      202 698-0188