Re: MPD-GLLU Affiliate Officers (+MPD performance issues)

  • brian
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2013
      --- On Wed, 5/1/13, --- In MPD-1D@yahoogroups.com, brian wrote:

      I wish that were true when it came to actual MPD police responses to all anti-LGBT incidents and hate crimes, V. But it just isn't.

      Accurate reporting by initial non-GLLU MPD responders can be non-existent unless a MPD-GLLU officer is called to the scene in LGBT-related cases.

      To err is human. And even experienced MPD-GLLU officers can make reporting mistakes which need 'AMENDING' (correcting of errors or omissions).

      All crime victims should insist upon accurate police reporting on PD-10 and PD-251 reports. If crime victims do not receive a CCN number and calling card from responding officers they should definitely question the officer(s) as to why...
      http://mpdc.dc.gov/service/request-accident-incident-and-offense-reports

      That's especially important with respect to hate crimes and stalking crimes, where the crimes can often repeat and escalate in severity unless a perpetrator is stopped. Having an ACCURATE 'paper trail' of police reports can be essential to apprehending a repeat hate crime offender or stalker.

      There is more to good Community Policing than just a dedication to a diverse, inclusive PD force.

      brian/
      PSA 504

      P.S. -- If you don't get professional and accurate police service from anyone at MPD, you can always file a complaint with DC's Office of Police Complaints...
      http://policecomplaints.dc.gov/service/file-a-complaint

      ... and perhaps send a courtesy copy to COUNCIL's Judiciary and Public Safety Committee members-- who have oversight responsibility for MPD -- especially if there appears to be a discriminatory or biased policing problem.

      http://www.dccouncil.washington.dc.us/committees/committee-on-the-judiciary-and-public-safety

      --- In MPD-1D@yahoogroups.com, VF wrote:

      Thank you for this! I appreciate knowing that our police force has such a program and is dedicated to inclusion!
      -V

      On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 11:55 AM, brian.ions <brian.ions@...> wrote:

      Thank you, Commander Hickson. I'll pass your note on to out_on_the_hill and to our BGLBT list members, as well-- for those in PSA's 103 and 104.

      I remember a time when a Commander in another District wasn't conversationally familiar with the GLLU Affiliate program, let alone knew them by name.

      The SLD unit was a good bit newer then, of course.

      brian

      --- In MPD-1D@yahoogroups.com, "Hickson, Daniel (MPD)" wrote:

      Brian,
      Thank you for posting the information. You can also add Officer Laini Evans as a 1D GLLU affiliate.

      Commander Daniel Hickson

      Metropolitan Police Department

      First District

      101 M Street SW