Dump trucks on Monroe Street, NE

  • Patricia C
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2013
      At Monroe Street and South Dakota Avenue NE there is a No Through Trucks sign. Nevertheless, dump trucks run up and down Monroe Street between South Dakota and Rhode Island all day. It is particularly bad in the afternoons when the trucks often come through as if in a caravan, 2 to 3 at a time. I am not sure how much of Monroe Street NE is a No Through Trucks zone.

      Sgt. James Schaefer of the Motor Carrier Unit has had his crew out a couple of times. They park their car on 26th at Monroe and wait. They have been very successful but they are only there in the mornings and for short periods of time. When I called 5D one afternoon a week or so ago to complain, I was told that I had to call 911! I did that and a car came pretty quickly. Three dump trucks came within 4 minutes of her arrival. She stopped the last truck and left right after that. Three more trucks came with 3 minutes of her departure.

      These old houses are not build to withstand the shaking of these trucks and the drivers are breaking the law. Can anything be done about this?

      I appreciate any and all help.

      Patricia
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2013

        We will address this.

        Andy Solberg

        Play DC is an ambitious effort to provide the District’s children and adults with exciting, innovative and inclusive play spaces. Learn more about this DPR and DGS partnership to improve playgrounds here.