Re: Incident on Michigan Ave NE (2nd request)

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2013
      Thank you, Captain Kane. Have a quiet weekend.

      brian/
      504

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Kane, Morgan (MPD)" wrote:

      Good evening,

      The shooting occurred in the 900 block of Michigan.  The victim ran from this area and subsequently flagged down a citizen several blocks later to call MPD for assistance.  The shooting itself did not occur at 4th and Michigan but considering the victim moved locations we had to process more than one scene.

      Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
      Fifth District Station
      Metropolitan Police Department
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-391-6862 (cell)
      202-698-0150 (station)

      On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:27 PM, "brian" <brian.ions@...> wrote:

       Captain Beach or Commander Solberg, could we get a better *sequence of events* explanation as it relates to the 4 to 5 block distance between the 4th and Michigan/ Theological College area (PSA 502) and "near" the Brookland Metro (PSA 504) as I think Channel 4 News referenced it last night.

      Did the victims and/or perpetrators traverse that entire distance? Did the victim report the crime from the Metro Station? I guess some of us have trouble thinking of 4th and Michigan as being 'near' the Metro. (Though it's not 'far' from the Metro either.)

      The short stretch of N-bound 4th (from the Harewood L. turnoff light) was still blocked off by MPD after about 9:30 last night when we drove through. So I assume they were looking for shell casings or something?

      In reference to a LOOKOUT is MPD looking for perpetrators in a vehicle? Or a drive-by? Or perpetrator(s) on foot? Or either at this point? Is there any suspected motive you can note?

      brian/
      504

      P.S. - Given 5D's arrest of 21st century urban 'Road Agents' this week, I think some of us are concerned about "joy-riding" youth shooting up our neighborhoods with no motive other than general hell-raising. If that's the case, I'm sure area residents and stakeholders would like to know that.