RE: [MPD-5D] Night time mural artists?

  • Geovani A Bonilla
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 24, 2013

      Captain Beach and Eliza

       – a mural is scheduled to be painted on the side of 8 Florida Avenue NW . This issue was brought to the Bates Area Civic Association for review and DPW is sponsoring the mural. Revive Catering has been working on improving that block. I agree 11pm is not the time to paint a mural, but if this is the location, a mural is indeed in progress.

      Please contact me privately if the mural is the one to go on the side of 8 Florida Avenue NW so that I may provide the contact information for DPW and Revive Catering.

      Geovani A. Bonilla

      Bates Area Civic Association

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 25, 2013
        Good Evening MPD-5D:

        Speaking of erractic behavior, tonight my friend have notice that once again when she return to her home this evening that, someone was in her backyard where they had left behind a blanket, a bottle of water, and it gets worse they also left a pair of eyeglasses on her brand new air conditioner that she had just purchase at unit blk O Street NW!!

        I blamed this on the drug addicts and homeless people that visits the SOME HOUSE at unit blk O Strteet NW. Something needs to be done with these people where as they just do not know how to come and get a meal from this place and go back home or wherever they come from on a daily basic!!

        My friend did called the police to report the situation and the police did arrived and they removed the personal items that were in her backyard, my friend who is very greatful would like to thank both police officers for their assistance.

        I am asking for the MPD-5D to put a special attention at the residence of unit blk O Street NW at the front and rear of the property then maybe you all and she can catch this person so that she can press charges against him/her for illegal tresspassing!!

        A response cocerning this matter is greatly apprceiated, again my thanks go out to the two police officers who arrived for their quick response and assistance.

        tvehunt

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Eliza Auckerman <eliza.auckerman@...> wrote:

        > Last night about 10:15 I called 911 to report a stranger in the alley
        > shouting erratically and spray painting the wall of a building I know to be
        > unoccupied. Over an hour later he was still present and behaving the in the
        > same manner, so I called 911 again to follow up. At that time I was told
        > police had been in contact with the owner of the property who had given the
        > man in question permission to paint a mural on the building.
        >
        > Is this legal? Sensible? The alley in question (behind First and O Sts NW)
        > is frequently the site of various illegal activities. While having a mural
        > on the side of a vacant building is nice, spray painting the wall of a
        > vacant building at 11:00 pm seems like pretty standard "suspicious
        > behavior."
        >

        > --
        > That ain't working, that's the way you do it.

      • Griffin, Randy (MPD)
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013

          Please email me your telephone number so we may discuss your concern.  Email me directly at randy.griffin@....  Thank you.

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
            To Officer Randy Griffin:

            I did try to e-mail you personally but, the e-mail that I sent returned back to me saying not able to be sent.

            Could you send me your exact e-mail address again in exact spelling detail so that I can be sure not to make any mistakes on my part where as who to send the e-mail to?

            Thank you.

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Griffin, Randy (MPD)" <randy.griffin@...> wrote:

            > Please email me your telephone number so we may discuss your concern. Email me directly at randy.griffin@...<mailto:randy.griffin@...>. Thank you.
            >

            > April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
            > Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.
            > It's free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Kane, Morgan (MPD)
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2013
              Lieutenant Griffin's email address is randy.griffin@...

              Captain Morgan Kane, MPA
              Fifth District Station
              Metropolitan Police Department
              1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
              Washington, DC 20002
              202-391-6862 (cell)
              202-698-0150 (station)

              On Apr 26, 2013, at 2:01 PM, "tvehunt" <tvehunt@...> wrote:

              To Officer Randy Griffin:

              I did try to e-mail you personally but, the e-mail that I sent returned back to me saying not able to be sent.

              Could you send me your exact e-mail address again in exact spelling detail so that I can be sure not to make any mistakes on my part where as who to send the e-mail to?

              Thank you.

              --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Griffin, Randy (MPD)" <randy.griffin@...> wrote:

              > Please email me your telephone number so we may discuss your concern. Email me directly at randy.griffin@...<mailto:randy.griffin@...>. Thank you.
              >

              > April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
              > Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.
              > It's free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

            • Eliza Auckerman
              Message 6 of 8 , May 10, 2013
                Captain Beach,

                Was there anything further learned about whether the owner of 79 Hanover Place authorized night-time mural painting on the property? There was someone out there again last night about 10:00 pm. My partner called 911 and I alerted Captain Kane directly. Do you happen to know the outcome of that call?

                Thanks for your help,
                Eliza