[MPD-5D] Mugging this afternoon

  • Beach, Mark (MPD)
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 24, 2013
      Ms. Schinder, thank you for the information and your assessment was spot on, no one should be the victim of such random attacks in our Nation's Capital.

      The incident that you so vividly described did occur today and was indeed reported to the Metropolitan Police Department thru 9-1-1 calls that were received by our Office of Unified Communications at 1:20 PM.  Units 3019 and 3063 from the Third Police District were dispatched and took a police report for an Assault under report numbers 13-053-581.

      A review of all calls for service today in the Fifth Police District revealed that we had no calls for service involving assaults of any kind today from 12 noon to the present time, 5:45 PM.

      Third District Patrol Commander Kishter has been made aware of your posts as was Inspector Medina of the Third District Sub Station.

      As always, we appreciate all of your observations, issues and concerns. If you witness such assaults, call 9-1-1 immediately and attempt to relay as much information as possible to include suspects clothing, physical descriptions, vehicles make, model, style, color and tag numbers and any weapons used.

      Mark Beach
      Captain of Police
      Metropolitan DC Police Department
      Fifth Police District
      1805 Bladensburg Road, NE
      Washington, DC 20002
      202-345-1313 BlackBerry
      202-698-0150 5D Station Operations
      202-327-4392 5D Watch Commander
      202-698-0111 5D Command Complex
      202-727-9099 Command Information Center
      "Commitment to Excellence"

      April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
      Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
      It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!