Remebering Detective Newell

  • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013

      By now you may have heard about yesterday’s tragic loss of Detective Joseph B. Newell.  It is especially saddening to lose a beloved member of the department in such senseless and shocking circumstances.  As always, the members of the MPD are coming together to support the family and friends of our fallen member. Our thoughts and prayers remain with all effected during this difficult time.

      Lastly, rest assured we are closely coordinating with Prince George’s County Police Department to ensure the person responsible is brought to justice.

      April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
      Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
      It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

    • Lanier, Cathy (MPD)

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
          His family et al are in my prayers. �Please keep us posted Chief. �

          Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles which one has overcome while trying to succeed.

          � � � �Booker T. Washington

          On Apr 23, 2013, at 5:35 PM, "Lanier, Cathy (MPD)" <cathy.lanier@...> wrote:

          By now you may have heard about yesterday’s tragic loss of Detective Joseph B. Newell.� It is especially saddening to lose a beloved member of the department in such senseless and shocking circumstances.� As always, the members of the�MPD are coming together to support the family and friends�of our fallen member.�Our thoughts and prayers remain with all effected during this difficult time.

          Lastly, rest assured we are closely coordinating with Prince George’s County Police Department to ensure the person responsible is brought to justice.

          April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
          Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
          It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

        • Mr. Keith Jarrell
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013
            My thoughts and prayers go out to the Newell family at the time of their loss.  I am saddened by the news.  There is nothing more chilling than to awaken to the news of the loss of one of our police officers. With such trying times and a level of uncertainty in what you do everyday it is even more saddening to think that in the confines of his own home on his own time Officer Newel lost his life. We honor him for his years of service making out streets a safer place.  May God look upon his life with kindness and console the family and our police officers as they begin the process of grieving.

            Rest in Peace Officer Newel.

            Keith Jarrell

            --

            Even life begins because, a baby fights for freedom.

            (Let Freedom Ring)

            Please be informed that if you are in receipt of this email by intent, it is provided solely for the use of communicating with you as the intended target.  Use or duplication of this email including forwarding of attached email or any part of which is forbidden. To do so could result in a complaint being filed against you in multiple jurisdictions, including the District of Columbia, and or the state in which you also live.  Keith Jarrell

            Keith Jarrell

          • Geovani A Bonilla
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 23, 2013

              Our condolences to the men and women of MPD that lost a brother and to the family of the Detective.

              Geovani A. Bonilla

              Bates Area Civic Association