Re: 504 Cont'd: First Request (Newton St. Burglary)

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22 1:20 PM
      I will get you updates on all incidents.

      Andy Solberg

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Apr 22, 2013, at 3:06 PM, "brian" <brian.ions@...> wrote:

      Thank you, Commander. I look forward to that.

      BTW, I searched for the April 11th/12th Otis Street lot incident in the MPD-5D daily crime cites, but could not find it for either date. Actually, it looked like one reporting day may have been missed on the listserv. But I'm not real sure about that.

      Also, is there any further word on the Otis Street stabbing (THEN robbery) in mid February (15th?).

      Finally, could we get more information about this Newton Street house burglary, please (last Thurs, 18 Apr, 10:49)?

      Was it a case of being caught in the act? Why the K9 check (as reported on the Brookland listserv)?

      And can someone tell us what the distinction is among various "degrees" of burglaries in the DC Code?

      Thanks.

      brian/
      PSA 504
      brookland

      --------------------
      Posted By: mpd.reports@... Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 am...
      --
      PSA: 504
      CCN: 13050424

      -- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Solberg, Andrew (MPD)" wrote:

      [Re: 504 Cont'd: 3rd Request re 4/11 or 12, 1000 bk Otis St lot, S. side]

      I’ll get you an answer.

      Andy Solberg

       -----

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22 2:34 PM

        There are no new leads on the stabbing on Otis Street from February.

        There is not much information on the burglary on Otis Street on April 18.  A person entered through a front window on the porch, and the K9 handler arrived to assist with walking through the house, as is routine when we have what appears to be a fresh burglary.

        Burglary is when a home or dwelling or building is entered with the intent to commit a crime.  In DC, a first degree burglary can only happen when a residential building is entered AND there is a person home inside.  All other burglaries are second degree burglaries, whether the building is a residence, warehouse, or business.

        Also, people get robbed but homes can’t.  Homes get burglarized.

        Andy Solberg

        Commander, 5D

[...]

        Itx2019;s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!