MPD-504: Lost report of gunshots [14th&Kearney+19th&RI]?

  • brian
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013
      Captain Brown, what's up with that? It shouldn't be that difficult to get the records from OUC/911.

      And these were close enough in time and location to have checked both sides of midnight (and maybe PSA boundaries?).

      The point being, if MPD doesn't have (or isn't getting) info which Brookland residents clearly have eye/ear-witnessed-- that can be a pretty significant prevention/ deterrence problem in the near future.

      Moreover, we've had some other recent reporting and response problems in Brookland/ 504-- including failure to provide the courtesy of a response on the MPD-5D listserv, despite multiple requests.

      FYI, Captain, for DECADES, Brooklanders have always been proactive about crime prevention and MPD communications with our neighborhoods. So it's very concerning for us to see these communications and reporting failures in 504.

      Could 504 residents kindly get another followup on these 'gunshots heard' (Mon night -AND- perhaps early Tues morning) reports?

      Thanks.

      brian/
      504
      ------

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, A
      wrote:

       Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.

      My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Brown, Jeff (MPD)" wrote:

      Good Morning David,

      There were no reported sounds of gunshots to MPD.  Please ensure you call 911 to ensure all activity is investigated.

      Thanks

      Capt. J. Brown

      5th District

      (202) 698-0288

       ________________________________

      Three gunshots heard vicinity of Rhode Island Ave and 19th St NE. 12:20 am 16 April 2013. Did anyone else hear this?

    • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013

        The original inquiry was for the 1900 block of Rhode Island Ave.   When conducting a search, 14th and Kearney would not be considered in the same vicinity.

        I will update you on all gunshots heard in 504 for Monday and Tuesday as I obtain that information.

        Thank You.

        Capt. J. Brown

        5th District

        (202) 698-0288

        April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
        Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
        It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

        Captain Brown, what's up with that? It shouldn't be that difficult to get the records from OUC/911.

        And these were close enough in time and location to have checked both sides of midnight (and maybe PSA boundaries?).

        The point being, if MPD doesn't have (or isn't getting) info which Brookland residents clearly have eye/ear-witnessed-- that can be a pretty significant prevention/ deterrence problem in the near future.

        Moreover, we've had some other recent reporting and response problems in Brookland/ 504-- including failure to provide the courtesy of a response on the MPD-5D listserv, despite multiple requests.

        FYI, Captain, for DECADES, Brooklanders have always been proactive about crime prevention and MPD communications with our neighborhoods. So it's very concerning for us to see these communications and reporting failures in 504.

        Could 504 residents kindly get another followup on these 'gunshots heard' (Mon night -AND- perhaps early Tues morning) reports?

        Thanks.

        brian/
        504
        ------

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, A wrote:

         Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.
        My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Brown, Jeff (MPD)" wrote:

        Good Morning David,

        There were no reported sounds of gunshots to MPD.  Please ensure you call 911 to ensure all activity is investigated.

        Thanks

        Capt. J. Brown

        5th District

        (202) 698-0288

         ________________________________

      • Andi
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013
          The report at 14th & Kearney was last night, Tuesday. Maybe the definition of "vicinity" needs to change. Because 1400 blk of Kearney is on the top of the hill, we hear things coming from much further. I can easily hear the trains at 9th street.

          Andi

          --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Brown, Jeff (MPD)" <Jeff.Brown@...> wrote:

          > The original inquiry was for the 1900 block of Rhode Island Ave. When conducting a search, 14th and Kearney would not be considered in the same vicinity.
          >
          > I will update you on all gunshots heard in 504 for Monday and Tuesday as I obtain that information.
          >
          > Thank You.
          >
          > Capt. J. Brown
          > 5th District
          > (202) 698-0288
          >

          > April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
          > Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.
          > It's free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2013

            During the midnight tour the last few nights we had gunfire in the 1300 block of Saratoga Avenue , 1900 block of Irving at the Gas Station and last night at 1293 Brentwood Road .  Evidence was recovered on the scene from all locations and is currently under investigation including any possible connections.

            Edward R. Bernat

            Lieutenant

            Fifth District

            1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

            Washington, D.C. 20002

            Office - 202-698-0268

            Cell- 202-359-4240

            Email: edward.bernat@...

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this e-mail is the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This e-mail should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorized users. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

            April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
            Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
            It’s free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

            The report at 14th & Kearney was last night, Tuesday. Maybe the definition of "vicinity" needs to change. Because 1400 blk of Kearney is on the top of the hill, we hear things coming from much further. I can easily hear the trains at 9th street .

            Andi

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Brown, Jeff (MPD)" <Jeff.Brown@...> wrote:

            > The original inquiry was for the 1900 block of
            w:st="on">Rhode Island Ave. When conducting a search, 14th and Kearney would not be considered in the same vicinity.

            href="http://www.smart911.com">http://www.smart911.com>.

            A wrote:

            > Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of
            w:st="on"> Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.