Re: Gunshots

  • Andi Fleming Yahoo
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
      My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

      Andi Fleming

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Nolan Treadway
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
        about 24 hours prior to this, at quarter after midnight (Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/15) there were eight gunshots at the Shell station on Rhode Island Ave and Irving (between 20th and 18th). Thanks to MPD who came out and taped off the scene and looked for shell casings. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they were not able to find anything.

        According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road

        Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

        Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

        --Nolan

        --------------------------
        Commissioner Nolan Treadway
        Single Member District 5C07
        Woodridge / Langdon

        Join my email list: http://ancnolan.com/signup/

        nolan@... / - email
        734-717-4342 - Mobile

        On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Andi Fleming Yahoo <andi_fleming@...> wrote:
        My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

        Andi Fleming

        Sent from my iPhone

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
            MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Haines, John (MPD)
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013
          All the cases below are being actively investigated by the Fifth District Detectives Office. At this time we have no specific information that the cases are related however their close proximity to one another certainly leaves that as a possibility.

          We do ask that if anyone might have seen or heard anything to please contact the Fifth District Detectives Office at 202.698.0660, or you can call or email myself at the numbers or email below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call 202.727.9099 or text the information to 50411

          John R. Haines
          Detective Lieutenant
          Fifth District
          Metropolitan Police Department
          Washington D.C.
          202.553.7511
          John.Haines@...<mailto:John.Haines@...>
          [cid:image002.jpg@01CE3B74.A510F480]
          FBINA Session #250

          CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this emailis the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorizedusers. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

          April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
          Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.
          It's free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

          According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/323312396145917953> and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/324367933117710337>.

          Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

          Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

          --Nolan

        • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 17, 2013

            Of the incidents mentioned below, evidence was recovered on the scenes. It is currently under investigation.

            Edward R. Bernat

            Lieutenant

            Fifth District

            1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.

            Washington, D.C. 20002

            Office - 202-698-0268

            Cell- 202-359-4240

            Email: edward.bernat@...

            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 19 8:34 AM
              I was awakened at 3:50AM this morning by 13-14 gunshots in Brentwood maybe from Bryant Street or near there. Does anyone have any more information?

              Sent from my iPhone