Re: Gunshots

  • Andi Fleming Yahoo
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 17 5:19 AM
      Gunshots absolutely were reported. My neighbor on the 1400 blk of Kearney reported it to 911. Police responded. A police car with floodlights drove down the street 3x and a helicopter flew over. Something may wrong with your record system.

      Andi Fleming

      Sent from my iPhone
    • Andi Fleming Yahoo
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 17 5:30 AM
        My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

        Andi Fleming

        Sent from my iPhone
      • Nolan Treadway
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 17 6:19 AM
          about 24 hours prior to this, at quarter after midnight (Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/15) there were eight gunshots at the Shell station on Rhode Island Ave and Irving (between 20th and 18th). Thanks to MPD who came out and taped off the scene and looked for shell casings. Unfortunately, as far as I know, they were not able to find anything.

          According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road

          Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

          Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

          --Nolan

          --------------------------
          Commissioner Nolan Treadway
          Single Member District 5C07
          Woodridge / Langdon

          Join my email list: http://ancnolan.com/signup/

          nolan@... / - email
          734-717-4342 - Mobile

          On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:30 AM, Andi Fleming Yahoo <andi_fleming@...> wrote:
          My neighbors reported it closer to 11pm.

          Andi Fleming

          Sent from my iPhone

          <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
              MPD-5D-digest@yahoogroups.com
              MPD-5D-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Haines, John (MPD)
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 17 11:05 AM
            All the cases below are being actively investigated by the Fifth District Detectives Office. At this time we have no specific information that the cases are related however their close proximity to one another certainly leaves that as a possibility.

            We do ask that if anyone might have seen or heard anything to please contact the Fifth District Detectives Office at 202.698.0660, or you can call or email myself at the numbers or email below. If you wish to remain anonymous you can call 202.727.9099 or text the information to 50411

            John R. Haines
            Detective Lieutenant
            Fifth District
            Metropolitan Police Department
            Washington D.C.
            202.553.7511
            John.Haines@...<mailto:John.Haines@...>
            [cid:image002.jpg@01CE3B74.A510F480]
            FBINA Session #250

            CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail is confidential, intended only for use by the named recipient(s) above. The content included in this emailis the property of the Metropolitan Police Department and is law enforcement sensitive. This email should not be forwarded or disseminated to unauthorizedusers. It should only be used by the intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by replying to this e-mail at the address shown above. This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information. Please delete it from your files if you are not the intended recipient.

            April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
            Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com<http://www.smart911.com>.
            It's free, 100% private and secure. Help 9-1-1, help you!

            According to the MPD twitter feed, there was a shooting Sunday on the 1300 block of Saratoga<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/323312396145917953> and a shooting yesterday nearby on Brentwood Road<https://twitter.com/DCPoliceDept/status/324367933117710337>.

            Can anyone from MPD comment on these 4 incidents of gunshots/shootings within a pretty small geographic area in the last 3 days? Is there any thought that they are related? Any updates on suspects?

            Just speculating, but the weather also got nice in the last week, so this is an important time for neighbors to be on guard and vigilant.

            --Nolan

          • Bernat, Edward (MPD)
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 17 7:47 PM

              Of the incidents mentioned below, evidence was recovered on the scenes. It is currently under investigation.

              Edward R. Bernat

              Lieutenant

              Fifth District

              1805 Bladensburg Road, N.E.